The construction of Hinkley C power station will be one of the largest engineering and construction projects in the UK for several decades. The safety, quality and capability of suppliers involved in the project will need to meet the high standards demanded by a nuclear site and by the need for the construction to progress on programme.
As the start of the Hinkley Point C gets ever closer there is a ramping up of activity by some Somerset businesses that realise that to take full advantage of this once-in-a-generation opportunity they need to take action now to prepare and strengthen their offer.
Based on feedback from the supplier engagement activity of the last few years the demand priorities on a range of supplier development needs can be categorised as follows:
Strategy & Management
- Business Strategy and Planning
- Leadership and Project Management
- Finance and Funding
Procurement & Tendering
- HPC Procurement Process and Requirements
- Identifying route to HPC market
- Understanding Contracts and Risk
- Tendering and Bid Writing
Accreditation & Certification
- Developing Quality Standards & Accreditation
- Developing Safety Standards & Accreditation
- Developing Environmental Standards & Accreditation
- Meeting SQEP requirements for HPC (Suitably Qualified & Experienced Personnel)
- Up-skilling existing worker skills and trades
- Supervisory Skills
- On Boarding Requirements (Triple Bar, CCNSG, Nuclear Site Induction Process)
The Hinkley Supply Chain Team has strengthened the support for supply chain development following a collaboration between Somerset Chamber of Commerce, SWMAS Ltd (delivering the Manufacturing Advisory Service) and GWE Business West Ltd (Delivering Business Support). This collaboration will increase the supply chain footprint across the South West and enable the Hinkley Supply Chain Team to draw upon a bigger pool of available resource.
In addition the Hinkley Supply Chain portal has details of over 50 providers of business support that can together, help with the delivery of all of the above requirements. If you would like to review the suppliers that can help with the categories of support above please email the Hinkley Supply Chain Team with your requirement and we will provide you with a list of relevant Somerset providers.
Please email email@example.com and provide your company name and the business support category & requirement for which you require training provider names.