The construction and operation of Hinkley Point C will create thousands of employment and apprenticeship opportunities in a broad range of occupations and careers. Opportunities will include construction, civil engineering, electrical installation, hospitality, catering, logistics, security, site services, support roles and others over the coming years.
To help ensure that local people can access employment opportunities, both during the construction and into operation, the Hinkley Point C Jobs Service has been set up – a partnership between EDF Energy, Jobcentre Plus and other local support organisations and training providers. Key roles include;
• Matching people to available jobs at Hinkley Point C and other local opportunities.
• Delivering and arranging programmes to help people into employment.
• Invests in and supports dedicated local training centers that can provide skills and courses that employers need.
Hinkley Point C is a nuclear construction project and will require all potential employees to exhibit the behaviours necessary to work within the strict security and health & safety requirements. It is important that before being put forward for any vacancy through Hinkley Jobs, you will need to complete a registration form, which will be provided after your initial contact with them. EDF will also need an up to date copy of your CV that must include:
- Contact details: current home address, telephone number & email
- 3 year checkable work history. Any gaps in employment must be explained
- Skills and Qualifications
- 2 work references
- A completed Data Protection Enrolment Declaration, which is provided with the registration form
- Copies of all academic or workplace qualifications
Before you start work at Hinkley Point C you will also need to satisfy other criteria during your induction which includes having the right to work in UK and having passed a drug and alcohol test.
Hinkley Jobs will provide advice on any other requirements depending on the role you are applying for. If you are at all unsure, please do contact the Hinkley Jobs team for guidance via e-mail: email@example.com
If you wish to register your interest in future opportunities, please use the online application form or call either 01278 436132 or 0800 029 4289.