Sedgemoor-based small or medium-sized business (SME) who work as part of the Hinkley Supply Chain or are registered to be considered for work at HPC could be eligible for a grant of up to £5,000.
The grant scheme is designed to help SMEs meet or better fulfil the requirements of working as part of the Hinkley Supply Chain.
To be eligible, businesses need to demonstrate they have a realistic chance of gaining a contract or have a contract already at Hinkley Point C. Grants could be used for things such as recruitment, new facilities, equipment or processes, research and development, accreditation and training.
Other uses for the grant will be considered but only one application can be made per business will be accepted. Grants cannot be used to pay any staff members salary.
To qualify, SMEs must:
- Be an independent business and be registered in Sedgemoor
- Employ fewer than 200 people
- Have been operating for more than one year
- Provide three quotes for purchases, unless purchasing a specialist product or service
- Provide a full year’s accounts
- Be registered on the Hinkley Supply Chain
- Sedgemoor District Council is encouraging SMEs
Interested business should complete a grant application form which will be assessed by a panel from Sedgemoor District Council. More information and the grant application form can be found online at: https://www.sedgemoor.gov.uk/article/2271/Suppliers-Support-Grant.