Hinkley Supply Chain Team
EDF Energy and its partner investors are close to starting the multi-billion construction of Hinkley Point C which is a proposed 3.2 GW nuclear power plant with two EPR reactors (each of 1.6GW). It should produce almost four times more electricity than the Hinkley Point B station’s two reactors.
As part of its procurement strategy for Hinkley Point C, EDF Energy has partnered with the Somerset Chamber of Commerce to manage the Hinkley Supply Chain Team which is delivering a supply chain solution for EDF Energy and its contractors by engaging with both Somerset and South West businesses that want to become part of the supply chain.
With 90 Tier 1 contractors each planning to deliver £100’s of million value contracts and each with multiple Tier 2 and 3 supply chain requirements the opportunity for local and south west supplier is both large and complex. Click here to see more information from EDF Energy on the Hinkley Point C power plant.
The Hinkley Supply Chain Team is delivering the following:
• Capturing the details of Somerset and South West businesses and mapping their core capabilities against Hinkley C project requirements.
• Matching suppliers with EDF Energy and Tier 1 contractor work package requirements.
• Co-chairing and enabling the Site Operations and Industrial Partner steering groups that oversee the developing supply chain response.
• Communicate project and work package news and information to suppliers registered on this supplier portal.
• Broker relevant business support to help suppliers meet quality and safety standards.
Benefits for Suppliers
- Register your interest and update your supplier profile click here
- Keep up to date on the latest information on the Hinkley C project, the work packages and awarded Tier 1 contracts. Click here for work package news. Click here for news.
- Source business support from the range of organisations ready to help you meet the quality and safety standards required. Click here
Benefits for appointed Hinkley C Contractors
- Develop your supply chain and request the bespoke supplier matching service or the online search facility for up to date data on local supply chain capability.
- Work with the Hinkley Supply Chain Enabling Team to leverage relevant supply chain capability and supplier development programs to meet specific work package requirements where a local solution is of value.
- Request support from the Hinkley Supply Chain Team to organise, promote and host work package information and meet the buyer events. Click here to email request for support.
Click here to view a map of the local and regional areas covered by the Hinkley Supply Chain Team.
For businesses located outside the Somerset and South West area, EDF Energy has other supplier portals that cover National and the area around the proposed new build at Sizewell in Suffolk. Click here to access these sites.