EDF Energy plans to invest in a multi-billion pound project in Somerset over the next decade. Approximately one-third of the investment is planned for the nuclear reactor island, with the remaining two-thirds required for associated construction and civil engineering works, as well as aligned activity such as business services.
As part of its procurement strategy for Hinkley Point C, EDF Energy has partnered with the Somerset Chamber of Commerce to manage the Hinkley Supply Chain Team which works to identify and support local and regional businesses that want to become part of the supply chain. The Hinkley Supply Chain Team is the first point of contact for local business and agencies wishing to engage in the construction of this proposed nuclear new build project. This website forms the central resource for all Somerset and South West businesses who wish to make the most of the opportunities arising out of the development.
This website will enable your company to:
- Register your interest in supplying the project by completing a short online form. Your capabilities will then be made available to EDF Energy and interested Tier 1 contractors.
- Update your company details as your company develops its capabilities and standards.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments including build schedules and contracts out for tender.
- Access a library of reference material and training documents.
- Find information and contact details for business support partners that will help you meet the quality and safety standards required.
- Engage with others on technical and business training events and information days designed by the Hinkley Supply Chain Team and its partners to help local businesses get ‘Hinkley ready’.
- Meet one-to-one with Tier1 contractors for the Hinkley Project through a series of Meet the Buyer events.
Click here for more information about the Hinkley C power plant from EDF Energy.
Businesses located outside the Somerset and South West area, EDF Energy may be interested in the supplier portals for the proposed new build at Sizewell in Suffolk . Please click here to access this site.
Hinkley Supply Chain Team
The Somerset Chamber of Commerce has been appointed by EDF Energy to manage the Hinkley Supply Chain Team which is the first point of contact for Somerset and South West businesses wishing to engage in the construction of the proposed nuclear new build project at Hinkley Point C. The Chamber is the hub of business influence for Somerset and is leading on a number of high profile countywide initiatives for business, including full engagement with the Heart of the South West LEP.
To find out more about the Somerset Chamber, please visit www.somerset-chamber.co.uk.
Local Supplier Partnership Opportunities:
Partnerships with local and regional suppliers can bring added value thanks to their local presence and capability, which can be of interest to regional, national or international companies bidding for work packages.
If you are not based in Somerset or the South West, but are interested in finding a local partner, please complete the form on the link below with details about the type of collaboration you are seeking so that we can help to identify potential matches within our local supplier database.